Michelle and I ran together on Wednesday, an easy 6. It was nice talking while running. Well it was nice for me, although I'm not sure Michelle wanted to hear me blather for 50 minutes. The weather has been extraordinarily mild for March, so much so that I'm actually slightly ahead of my training schedule. While I'm ahead of schedule training wise, this does not account for any sick days or injuries which inevitably happen. I did notice that my Vasque trail shoes are quite packed down, time to replace them before injuries set in.
I'm taking Michelle up a 14er this May in preparation for Leadville, most likely Quandary which is a straightforward climb (regardless of snow conditions). One doesn't want to be running the Leadville Marathon at 13,000 feet and not know what the thin air feels like.
Finally in June we'll run 15 to 18 miles of the Leadville course that is snow free in preparation for the big race.
No comments:
Post a Comment