The great part about Boulder is that I finished my 15 mile run at the West End Tavern and never had to run on the road, all trails (and some sidewalks). West End Tavern is where they filmed a Man vs. Food episode last year on the 50 wing challenge. Adam, the show's host, lost the challenge. So in honor, Michelle and I had the hot wings as an appetizer, only a half dozen between us. We were there last year when I was on a vegetarian diet, not so much fun eating a veggie burger. This time I went with the grilled cheese on Texan Bread and tomato soup as the entree. That hit the spot. Fortunately I have a strong gut so chicken wings as an appetizer are actually appealing after a long run.
I have to say 15 mile runs are comparatively easy. This is because when properly trained your muscles store enough glycogen to get you through the run without depletion. In other words you won't bottom out. Hydration and electrolyte tablets are a must however. On the longer runs (20+ miles) you'll often get that completely drained feeling unless you are taking in enough calories which can be difficult depending on the pace.
Well I get tomorrow off, Michelle's turn for a long run .....
No comments:
Post a Comment